Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Chief Content Officer
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Content team is responsible for identifying, creating, licensing and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third party content providers. The team reports to the Chief Content Officer and has strategy, content partner management, product management, and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing a rapid growth cycle across all content verticals. We value and uphold transparency, trust and accountability in our relationships within the team and with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Role:
Play a key role in delivering a breakthrough, one-of-a-kind search experience across premium content that empowers users to make smarter decisions confidently and faster than before.
We're looking for a Content Analyst to contribute to the integration and support of a variety of structured and unstructured content and data into our AlphaSense SaaS product. Discovering the right information at the right time is our bread & butter and your job is to help incorporate more differentiated and key content sets into our product to enhance the search results and user experience. The Content Analyst we seek has a passion for various types of structured and unstructured Financial & Industry Content, while understanding the workflows of our clients: Buy-side/Sell-side, investment Banking/Private Equity/Venture Capital, Corporates, Consulting and other client types. This individual strives to deeply understand what content matters to these users, and supports all the key functions on the Content team to help ensure we are successfully creating value for our clients.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate for this role must have: a superior ability to multi-task, set priorities, stay focused and meet deadlines, a willingness to contribute independently and in collaboration with the team, a drive to continue learning new things, and function as a key source of ideas to further improve our content offering. You will contribute to the Content roadmap across the various Content verticals, collaborating with Engineering and Operations to execute on product visions. Success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated, data-driven, well organized, coachable, & team oriented.
- Prior experience at B2B SaaS and/or enterprise software application company
- A superior ability to multi-task, set priorities, stay focused and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills in working with internal colleagues and external vendor partners
- Experience working with globally-distributed teams in different time zones
- Solid analytical skills and outstanding attention to detail in data analysis and presentation
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Google Sheets/Google Docs/Google Slides experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies and applications
- Prior experience within the financial services or consulting industry, with a focus on market research, data analysis, and due diligence
- An in-depth understanding of our clients’ data requirements and daily workflows: Buy-side/Sell-side, Investment Banking/Private Equity/Venture Capital, Corporates, Consulting
- Subject-matter expertise with data feeds and their components- APIs, FTPs, metadata, assorted document and data delivery types
- Established existing relationships with and knowledge of a variety of content providers
- Some technical experience querying databases in SQL, maneuvering data in Excel, and visualizing charts in Data Studio/Looker
What You’ll Do:
- Support Content team in conducting due diligence and comparative analysis of existing and prospective content sets for coverage, timeliness, history, data fill rates, data quality, relevance, etc.
- Coordinate with Product Managers, Engineering, Operations and Vendors to investigate and resolve content-related Support Tickets in Jira
- Assist with formulation and presentation of business cases, defining requirements/user stories, building specs, capturing edge-cases & writing test cases, working on feature wireframes
- Collaborate with Content Product Managers on internal and external communications, training, presentations, etc.
- Track and manage content requests and ideas in ProductBoard, and generate related reporting for review by Content team, as well as other internal presentations
- Work with BI Analytics team to analyze content usage reports for trends, opportunities & areas of concern, and generate ad-hoc analysis for review by Content team leaders and other internal presentations
- Track industry trends, source new content sets, and compile competitive intelligence to better evolve AlphaSense’s product vision, content strategy and competitive landscape.
- Coordinate with Operations teams across the globe to ensure they are empowered with appropriate information, procedures and contacts for Content issue inquiry and resolution.
- Help manage partnership initiatives with content providers.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.