AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
Our Business Intelligence Evangelist will join a growing Data & Analytics team to support high-impact, high-visibility initiatives scaling our reporting platform and tools, democratizing data and insights, and empowering end users (both internal to the company, and external customers). The role will work within the Data & Analytics team to raise the bar with regard to how we make data available, design compelling reports and visualizations, and act as champions of a data-driven culture.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience working in or around BI / Data & Analytics teams (or equivalent)
- Excellent data visualization/design skills which make surfacing actionable insights easy
- Bias for building incredible user experiences (UX) and putting the end-user at the center of everything we do
- Proficiency with data visualization tools and technologies (e.g. Looker, PowerBI, and Tableau)
- Experience delivering training and education to both small and large audiences (specifically in data querying, visualization tools, and data analysis preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced experience in key querying languages (e.g. SQL) and tools (e.g. BigQuery)
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation/visualization
- Strong history of successfully collaborating with others to deliver cross-functional projects
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and maintain a set of user experience (UX) design principles and practices for the Data & Analytics team to follow which will draw end-users into our reporting suite, empowering employees to explore, uncover, and action business insights in their day-to-day roles
- Develop a strategy and associated workstreams to deliver compelling and easy-to-use front-end experiences (portal/webpage, reporting catalogue, etc.) for users of our data and reporting assets
- Aggregate, design, and deliver training focused on building self-serve capabilities in the user base such that they successfully find, create, and utilize data to make critical business decisions
- Coach, mentor, and sponsor analysts, “super users,” and other champions across the company to drive adoption of data and reporting within their functions and teams
- Lead cross-company initiatives which build and strengthen core skill sets around data and insights, and realize our goals of ubiquitous usage
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.