Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director of AI Research
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to join our AI Research team. The AI Research team develops the cutting edge deep learning, NLP and ranking systems that power AlphaSense Search and Recommendations. You’ll work closely with a team of talented research and search engineers to deliver scalable solutions for our world class AI powered search platform.
Reporting to Peng Wang - Director of AI Research:
Peng leads the AI research team to develop and deploy intelligent solutions that are core to AlphaSense's mission: to organize the world’s business information and leverage technology to enable companies to make smarter, faster and more confident decisions. Previously, he worked as an engineer and tech lead at Google, designing large scale machine learning and NLP algorithms for various businesses. When he is away from books or computer screens, Peng likes to play badminton and explore trails in NJ and PA.
Who You Are:
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology is highly desired, but equivalent experience will be considered as well.
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying scalable cloud based backend services and APIs. Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS or GCP.
- A strong software engineer who can design large scale software systems, write high quality code, and fully test them.
- Experience in designing and implementing large scale data processing pipelines.
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a cross-functional distributed team environment
- If you have experience working on NLP algorithms or search (SOLR/Lucene) -- that’s a huge plus and we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design and build highly scalable backend services powering AlphaSense AI product features
- Work with AI Research Engineers to deploy machine learning models in production and own their life cycles
- Work closely with Product Management to translate product requirements into software architectures
- Work with partner engineer teams to design, develop and optimize our search and document processing platform
- Provide technical leadership to implement best practices for software development and align the AlphaSense AI research, product and engineer roadmaps
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.