AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About The Role:
The Director of Account Management is responsible for managing a team of Account Managers who are responsible for achieving and surpassing dollar renewal rate targets through renewals and going deeper and wider in their accounts.
We are looking for a data-driven Director with strong leadership and management experience to expand our Account Management Team and help drive AlphaSense's business success forward.
Who You Are:
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Passionate about learning and always seeking the next challenge
- You’re a systems thinker—you have a proven track record of turning processes that lack structure into effective, scalable systems
- You measure our success by the success of our customers. As an effective leader, you will instill these values in your team to ensure our customers are receiving an excellent customer experience.
- You are obsessed with adding value to your team through coaching and feedback.
- Ambitious, with impeccable integrity and curiosity
- You have significant experience building direct client relationships at the senior level and handling escalations—you relish in having real customer conversations
- Servant leadership is innate - you see leading people as a privilege and are committed to others success
- Strong communicator; able to parse nuanced data and draw actionable conclusions
- Based in New York City
- You have 10+ years of work experience in sales, account management, or client success with 5+ years of direct people management experience
- A high aptitude and willingness to learn. Because of our diverse base of clients, much of the technical knowledge required to succeed will be learned on the job
- Ability to distill and explain complex issues in simple terms
- Experience operationalizing the customer journey
- An intelligent, articulate, consultative and confident client facing professional
- Must have the personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture
- Superior ability to develop rapport with new people, and to maintain relationships, combined with a positive and proactive personality
- Energetic and creative individual, possessing natural curiosity with the ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- Effective time management and task prioritization when under pressure
- Willingness to Travel (post Covid
- Ability and interest to work autonomously, and for a small fast-growing company. Someone can genuinely "make the role their own", so looking for highly motivated proactive individuals who make things happen, and want to play a large role in the company’s success
What You'll Do:
- You’ll directly lead a team of Account Managers who are responsible for achieving and surpassing dollar renewal rate targets through renewals and identifying growth opportunities and helping them close in partnership with AE’s
- Driving Successful Customer Outcomes: You’ll drive successful customer outcomes by increasing renewal rates and reducing churn, expanding revenue through building deeper relationships with our accounts, and influencing future lifetime value through higher product adoption
- Revenue growth and forecasting, driving customer outcomes, talent management and development, and shaping the customer narrative through data.
- Coach and mentor members of your team on call coaching, development, implementing best practices, and establishing accountability across the team.
- Provide transparency and insight of your team’s performance to the leadership team.
- Recruit top talent for your growing team
- Collaborate with sales to drive successful growth outcomes
- Align with our product team to drive roadmap and offerings to address customer needs & increase customer retention.
- Speak directly with customers in good times and in bad and when escalations are required, you will foster a culture of openness with your team and our customers.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.