Wrike has opened a new office in Prague and we are looking for an engineering Unit Manager to help us scale and strengthen our R&D organization. Here you will lead and support a product engineering team in their day-to-day initiatives with responsibility for product delivery, planning, co-operating with functional leaders to identify, invest and grow team members.
In this role, you’ll lead up to two scrum teams, which own product feature delivery for the Wrike platform. You will ensure that goals and objectives for the team are clearly defined and engineers participate in the product discovery phase. Help stakeholders produce estimates and drive OKRs on a team and Unit level. You will be coaching, mentoring engineers in the team, planning and executing together the next steps in their careers while collaborating closely with other engineering leaders to support growth and technical excellence.
You have an engineering background and your main goal will be focusing on product feature delivery, partnering with product and engineering stakeholders, but most importantly empowering the teams to drive their scope and understand the bigger picture.
To be successful, collaboration is essential. Together with VP, Directors and peers you will discuss, adjust and roll out processes to support a growing team (delivery, product focus, feedback, scaling, team organisation). As a Unit Manager you have empathy and good emotional intelligence - this will help you maintain a healthy, collaborative culture focused on driving value. You will be actively involved in hiring engineers for your unit, making sure it’s well-staffed.
Your manager will be Ilya Shubik, VP of Engineering
What will you do?
- Own your teams’ delivery pipeline and an be expert at helping team prioritize product and engineering goals
- Partner with technical leaders in R&D to ensure consistent quality across Front end, Back end and QA verticles
- Ensure you have the top performing engineers in the team - from hiring, onboarding to managing motivation and individual performance
- Work closely with functional managers to consistently grow and reward engineering talent
- Own and act on team metrics in collaboration with Scrum master and Product manager to validate team feature delivery internally and share it with broader group of stakeholders
- Ensuring that the team adheres to best scrum practices, DOD and you hold the team accountable in case of gaps
- Present at meetups and conferences
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated track record of managing high performing teams with measurable outcomes within a SAAS Product environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are able to connect with various individuals and groups to resolve any impediment or propose a change that will positively impact the development process
- Great leadership skills. You are an empathic leader that is able to coach and mentor engineers to maximize their potential
- Incredible problem solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate with many other teams
- You are able to partner with tech lead and product manager and understand how to prioritize initiatives, tradeoffs and risks
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- You have a solid engineering background and you are passionate about products you create
What will make you stand out?
- CSM or CPO certification
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Strong sense and passion for product
What you can expect from us?
- Flexible work schedules
- 25 days of paid vacation
- 5 sick days and 2 weeks of 100% salary compensation during illness
- Free yearly public transportation card
- 3,500 CZK meal vouchers per month, unlimited snacks and refreshments in the office
- English and Czech language courses
- 40,000 CZK personal budget for well-being, education, sports, and healthcare
- 5,000 CZK extra for new parents
- Multisport card contribution
- Company mobile phone plans
- Contribution to supplementary pension savings
Through the recruitment process you'll be guided by Pavel Kucera
More about Wrike and our Prague office can be found at prague.wrike.com
Stay up to date with the latest news about Wrike events and Hot Jobs by signing up to our TechClub Newsletter and never miss any opportunity at Wrike.
Wrike has a public-facing Recruiting Notice that has been drafted to meet applicable law and regulatory requirements (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, etc.). Our most up to date Recruiting Notice can be found here: www.wrike.com/security/recruiting.