Wrike is a collaborative work management platform that unifies systems and transforms the way teams plan, manage, and complete work. The Wrike platform is the digital workplace for the enterprise and partner of choice for 18,000 organizations and 2M+ users worldwide. Our mission is to enable Operational Excellence by bringing out the best in teams and connecting work with business results.
Wrike has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™list for the last three years and has been named Leader in the Forrester Wave™ report for Collaborative Work Management Tools for the Enterprise in 2016 and 2018. Our headquarters is in Downtown San Jose, California and we have several international offices, including our EMEA HQ in Dublin, Ireland. Wrike has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for the last four years and has earned similar accolades from the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
We are guided by our three core values: Grow, Execute, and Collaborate. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Wrikers around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Wriker is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done, but is an awesome addition to our company culture. We pride ourselves on our ability to attract, retain, and promote the very best talent.
About the Role:
As Senior Manager, Content Operations & Analysis, you’ll be responsible for managing the processes, efficiencies, resources, and systems of Wrike’s content marketing team. You’ll oversee a team that develops thought leadership content, blog posts, webinars, sales enablement, ebooks, videos, SEO landing pages, and much more to help them establish and meet high-growth objectives, particularly as they relate to inbound. This position reports to and works closely with the Content Marketing Team Lead.
- Oversee the content team’s workflows for blog posts, ebooks, videos, webinars, case studies, survey reports, and other content types
- Own editorial calendar and content project plans, monitoring development from kickoff to delivery to ensure all scheduled content is published on time
- Effectively allocate resources, load balance work, and assign incoming requests
- Manage project dependencies, risks, and shifting priorities with grace and foresight
- Help establish joint processes, facilitate handoffs, and streamline collaboration between content and other global teams including design, marketing ops, PR, and product marketing
- Drive accountability across teams while managing stakeholder expectations and setting realistic project timelines
- Measure content team efficiencies on a regular basis, using Wrike reports and other performance data to inform workflow optimizations
- Manage content KPI dashboard and track and report on team performance against quarterly OKRs, analyzing performance to identify successes, failures, and areas of missed opportunity
- Act as the content team’s resident SEO expert, working with our Inbound Marketing Team to drive and measure organic goals via SEO tools and best practices
- Assist the content team in the exploration and measurement of new content topics, formats, channels, content partnerships, and syndication and amplification opportunities
- Document, enforce, and train content team around procedures and best practices for content production and related tools including Wordpress, Brightedge, Guru, and more
- Proven track record of facilitating projects, seeing them through from concept to completion, and measuring success
- A firm grasp on SEO best practices and experience with tools like Brightedge, SEMRush, etc.
- Experience with content marketing measurement tools like Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills and precise attention to detail is a must in this role
- Ability to motivate and inspire others while still pushing projects forward and making sure work gets done on time
- Loves processes, plans, and procedures, but knows when to bend (or break!) them
- Experience managing a project or editorial calendar in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with Wrike or similar project management system
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to collaborate with others, often across international time zones
- Strong multi-tasker with the capacity to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A thoughtful team player and quick learner with a “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- People management experience and strong leadership skills required
- Has a great sense of humor and strong meme game :)
- Ability to work from our San Jose headquarters
Perks & Benefits
At Wrike, you’ll benefit from unlimited PTO, medical & dental care, commuter benefits, daily catered meals & snacks galore, team off-sites & happy hours.
Wrike is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.