Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role Matters:
As a key member of the IT Engineering team, you will be leading the design, development and maintenance of Corporate applications, technologies and solutions, used by the globally distributed Vonage workforce. An ideal candidate for this role is an individual that has a diverse and deep technical background in a wide range of technical disciplines, and has led relevant transformational projects. This includes building and maintaining AWS cloud native infrastructure and services, including creation of relevant IaaS automation & CI/CD pipelines, migration of services from on-prem to AWS, configuration and maintenance of SaaS and cloud native applications such as Okta, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Github, Active Directory, TrendMicro, Google G-suite applications, Netskope, SCCM and other similar corporate applications, and integration and automation of associated workflows.
What you will do:
- Lead the administration and maintenance of corporate applications and services hosted in AWS cloud with multiple accounts, regions, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Route53, S3, EC2, RDS, IAM roles, Load Balancing, and auto scaling.
- Leverage technology (i.e. AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, GitHub, Jenkins etc.) to automate and build “infrastructure as code” and CI/CD pipelines.
- Lead the administration of company’s corporate applications, software and tools hosted on-prem and AWS cloud environment, such as Okta, Jira, Confluence, Slack, GitHub, Netskope, Active Directory, SCCM, TrendMicro, Google G-Suite applications etc. Analyze and automate associated workflows to improve operational efficiency, and enhance security and stability.
- Leverage the appropriate technology (like Amazon CloudWatch, SolarWinds) to gather metrics and monitor the health/utilization of technical resources, and ensure high availability of all corporate applications.
- Lead the migration of on-prem applications to AWS, and build the associated automation. Ensure that the target architecture accounts for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Ensure creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Ensure continuity and consistency in cloud architectures and practices.
- Work with the corporate network team to appropriately manage our global AWS network
- Assist Tier1 corporate support in troubleshooting and addressing user provisioning, de-provisioning and access issues as needed.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including systems configuration.
- Ensure data integrity and access controls when using the AWS platform.
- Assist with incidents, troubleshoot and resolve issues, perform root cause analysis, identify and resolve problems.
- Participate in 24x7 support as necessary.
What you will bring:
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve in a multi tasking team environment.
- Experience in leading migration of corporate applications from on-prem to AWS cloud.
- Experience in leading configuration, management and maintenance of AWS cloud infrastructure and services like IAM, EC2, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, ELB etc.
- Experience with corporate applications and collaboration tools and services like Okta, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Github, Active Directory, TrendMicro, Google G-suite applications, Netskope, SCCM.
- Experience in build, configuration, tuning, securing and maintenance of Windows and MacOS Systems and applications.
- Experience in authoring and maintaining complex powershell scripts to automate tasks.
- Deep understanding of automation frameworks, CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo or Concourse and usage in conjunction with IaaC automation tools like Terraform and source code management software like Github to automate recurring tasks.
- Experience in programming languages Python, Ruby, Go or Perl.
- Experience in Core Infrastructure services like Active Directory, DNS, NTP, Kerberos, Radius, LDAP, SMTP, CIFS, DHCP.
- Understanding of AWS Networking fundamentals like Security Groups, Inbound rules, VPC’s, Subnets, Internet Gateways, Transit Gateways, NAT and ENI’s.
- Experience in writing technical documentation, including design and engineering documents, and end user facing documents.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills to executives.
What is Required for application:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in managing and maintaining AWS cloud native infrastructure involving multiple AWS accounts, IAM, VPC, EC2, Route53, S3, Containers, Load balancers, Auto scaling, Cloudtrail etc.
- 5+ years experience in managing and maintaining corporate applications and workforce management, collaboration tools.
- 2+ years experience in a technical leadership role.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.