Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Developers here have the opportunity to solve multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
A small, but talented, team of Go and Java Developers is looking at expanding its size, in order to accelerate our platform development to support our growing customer base.
Our Engineers work on an exciting mix of both greenfield and existing projects, giving them an opportunity to explore new technologies.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do:
- Developing a highly-concurrent and distributed system;
- Performance optimisation and problem diagnosis;
- Designing/Developing for high-availability;
- Designing/Developing and testing new features;
- Supporting release and documentation of developed features
- Estimating the effort required to develop and implement;
- Help defining coding standards and development processes;
- Participating / Contributing in upstream open-source projects.
What we value:
- Getting things done. Making an impact. Solving complex problems. Creativity. Collaboration. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What you will bring:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong programming skills with both Go and Java
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining enterprise grade systems at scale
- Experience in applying microservice architecture patterns
- Experience dealing with highly concurrent, distributed architectures/systems
- Experience profiling / optimising performance
- Experience with building REST/HTTP based services;
- Experience and understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience in unit and integration testing.
- Willingness to get hands dirty and not afraid of low level details;
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members.
Most weeks there is a new technical presentation by members of engineering on technology topics of the speaker’s choice. This is a great way to learn, but also contribute your own presentation.
What is in it for you:
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)