Vonage has built its successful global Support teams on individuals with technical savviness, superior customer relationship skills, and a passion for learning. We challenge our Support Engineers to provide a customer experience that leaves our users impressed, loyal and true advocates of our company!
As a Video Support Specialist, you will provide first-class technical support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who rely on our real-time communication APIs and SDKs, with a main focus on our Tokbox platform. You will also be responsible for driving and managing customer-related projects, initiatives and tasks for our strategic accounts, collaborating heavily with Sales and working closely with the rest of our API organization.
What you must have experience in
- 5+ years as a Support Engineer in the telecommunications or SaaS sectors.
- 2+ IP-based real-time multimedia communication technologies and protocols including VoIP, SIP, RTP, WebRTC, Websockets
- Troubleshooting SBC, PBX, IVR, HTTP & SIP Proxies
- iOS/Android/web application development
What you’re great at
- Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues related to IP-based network technologies
- Communicating effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem solving, having a natural curiosity and demonstrating the ability to learn rapidly
- Acting as a point of escalation and regional voice/video subject matter expert within the APAC Support team.
- Capturing knowledge, for customers who prefer solving their own issues without having to contact support.
What you’re good at
- Demonstrating diplomacy in your interactions with customers and interfacing departments.
- Adjusting your approach to an enterprise or digital native audience.
- Following processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.