At Vonage we believe we’ve just scratched the surface of enabling developers to embed communications into any apps or devices using APIs.
Based in Atlanta, this role’s primary function is to co-ordinate and prioritise business needs from the Vonage Groups to deliver best in class BSS capabilities across all product lines. Working with other BSS/OSS Product Managers this person will be a key contributor to the overall BSS/OSS product strategy and roadmap for all Vonage groups.
This role will require high operational management face-to-face with other Portfolio Leaders, Product Managers and members of Engineering across regions. Strong stewardship of the digital transformation of our business support systems and new back-office services integration is required.
Responsibilities cover all areas of lead-to-cash from Pricing, Supplier Cost management, Approval processes, Provisioning, Quota all the way through getting invoices to customers. Experience with complex 3rd party back-office,, Enterprise CRM (eg Salesforce), ERP and systems integrations is required from Salesforce CPQ, Avalara, Zuora, Oracle, etc.
Knowledge of key dependencies is critical around Data (CDRs, Aggregates, Analytics, and Reporting), Payments (PCI DSS, PSP integrations), Compliance (including GDPR, SOX, etc.) Pricing and complex Pricing Models, integrations into Subscriptions platforms and services is a must as well building and delivering complex web applications, APIs and SOA. Knowledge within Telecoms, Banking / Finance, Hospitality or another high volume supplier dependent industry required.
This role will report to the Director Platform Services (API Group)
Required Skills & Experience
- Computer Science degree or similar technical qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in a relevant sector and function
- Minimum 2 years of Product Management experience
- Previous software development experience at some point in your career
- Experience building is a must have API products or using APIs as a developer
- Familiar with technical, security, regulatory challenges & standard methodologies running enterprise-scale services in the cloud globally
- Exposure to PCI DSS, GDPR, SOX, HIPAA, SOC2 requirements and processes
- Regional data management requirements and implementation
- Kafka and Elasticsearch experience and has also utilized Kibana and Grafana
- Able to work with data in formats such as CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- An understanding of business system integration models, SOA and APIs
- Cost management from APIs, feeds and other sources
- Experience with back-office systems such as:
- Pricing and provisioning proprietary or off-the-shelf solutions
- Freshbooks, Zoho, Zuora, Sage
- Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, Adyen
- Salesforce and SFDC components/vendors eg CPQ, Vlocity, etc.
- Experience with a large volume data industry such as:
- Payments, Pricing, Ecommerce or micro-payments
- Music or Entertainment with large volume transactions
- Enterprise communications esp VoIP, Messaging, Unified Communications
- Enterprise SaaS such as CRM, Analytics, Campaign Mgt, Collaboration
- Experience with Agile methodologies & tools (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and project management tools
- Consistent track record working in and delivering complex multi-stream projects
- Highly analytical and at ease with influencing others through facts, insights and great presentation abilities
- Self-Aware and confident in the unique blend of technology, market, business and relevant domain skills you bring to the table and how you want to develop as a leader
- Learning mindset: not constrained to use only one set of technologies from previous experience; open to different methods to achieve business goals
- Experience rolling up your sleeves at start-ups or able to demonstrate an ambitious track record at a large corporation or in parallel to your work.
Why Vonage… our values!
Being disruptive, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.