Now a Vonage Company, Nexmo is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
The Engineering team at Nexmo is a fast growing group of talented engineers. They face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
We are looking for a Kafka Java Specialist to join a new team dedicated to transforming the data pipeline to a real time event driven one.
- Expert in managing & monitoring Kafka
- Real time data processing using stream technologies
- Experience of building data processing pipelines for use in production
- Programming languages: Python, SQL, Scala, Java
- Infrastructure exposure to Apache Kafka, Puppet and containerisation within Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS (S3, EMR, Redshift, ...)
- Google Cloud (GDS)
- Java / Python
- Anything needed to achieve our goals
- Strong expert knowledge of Kafka
- Java / Python / any other programming language used to process data.
- Experience dealing with event driven pipeline
- Willingness to learn and use different technology / programming language.
- Experience working with public cloud
- SQL / NoSQL
Nice to have:
- Experience with streaming framework
- Experience with open source OLAP system (Druid, Pinot…)
- Telecommunication knowledge
- Docker and Kubernetes exposure
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident,
focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Open Date 26th November 2019
Closing Date 26th December 2019
Salary - Competitive Market Rate