A core responsibility of the Nexmo Developer Relations team is to meet developers where they are. This means engaging, supporting and working within developer communities. You will work as part of a team to identify key developer communities and community leaders in order to establish relationships, understand their needs, and build a collaborative environment to ensure we are equipped to authentically and effectively serve them.
As a Community Manager at Nexmo your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the rest of the Community team on building our APAC community development strategy
- Working with the developer relations team to prioritise and decide upon speaking opportunities and event sponsorships that align with the goals of the DevRel programme
- Working with the Community Management team to manage budget
- Organising and managing the capturing and distribution of content from events and meetups.
- Filing reports on the past events as well as quarterly reports to help analyse the outcomes
- Producing blog posts to demonstrate Nexmo’s involvement in the community (hackathon write-ups etc.)
- Ensuring that event involvement is evaluated so that we can improve decisions regarding future events
- Negotiating sponsorship opportunities with event organisers
- Working with the DevRel team to ensure scheduling and logistics for events are put in place. This includes shipping and purchasing of event booth equipment and swag for booths.
- Working with the DevRel team on relevant demos, ensuring we can showcase the product in the most relevant manner for a particular community
- Working with the contractors on booth designs and events collateral
- Technical orientation - a plus
- Technical advocacy experience - a plus
- Community management skills - a must
- Familiarity with local community and tech ecosystem - a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy is one of your core beliefs.It’s essential on our team and in the communities we serve.
- Strong community management background, with an emphasis on communities in the APAC region (Singapore, Thailand, China, and Japan especially)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (We primarily communicate in English, but other languages are always a plus!)
Nice to Have:
- Ability to write basic code snippets in any language of your choosing.
- Experience speaking at conferences, user groups, or meetups
- You’ve organized meetups or smaller events in the past