At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because more than one-third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation, and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 64 million users in 17 countries saving more than 164 million meals from going to waste - we are incredibly proud of this, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: Could you be the next Business Development Manager to join our grocery team?
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go in the UK and the fight against food waste. You’ll use your experience of being in a business development role to acquire and grow partnerships with major-mult food retailers.
Your primary responsibility is to win new key accounts within the top 10 major-mults by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. You will support these accounts through the onboarding and roll out process and continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship. Reporting to the Key Account Lead responsible for the Grocery sector, you will collaborate with other Key Accounts team members, and colleagues across marketing, independent sales and partner success.
The role will include:
- Pitching: create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition
- Proactive business development and relationship building: Independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers
- Research: Independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Account Management of key chains: autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Contributing to the UK Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- Supporting roll outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
- Solid commercial and network experience working in the supermarket/grocery sector or in food supply chain manufacturers. You should have some knowledge and understanding of UK retail/grocer in this sector.
- Business Development / Sales skills, demonstrating an ability to make connections, create rapport, nurture and win business by selling a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders. This doesn’t mean we require you to have been a National Account Manager or Sales Manager - as you may have “sold” internally or only had it as a small part of your job. What’s important is that you demonstrate the qualities and skills central to successful business development.
- Ability to lead negotiations skilfully, and create and deliver high impact pitches
- You’re a master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Excellent commercial acumen
- A passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Beneficial: Data Analysis and MS Excel skills to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold, but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1350 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-RS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.