Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our Chicago team right now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 55.1 Million users, and more than 129 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
We are looking for a dedicated B2B Inside Sales Representative with a passion for tackling food waste. You will report to the Head of Sales and play an active part in building our sales team.
Above all, in this role, you'll be a hunter. You're hungry to get out there, build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by signing up restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries and local food retailers.
- Engage with potential partners through face to face visits, cold-calling, emails, and social media to introduce Too Good To Go.
- You'll make several cold calls per day, door to door, and often seal the partnership with face to face meetings.
- Qualify inbound leads and turn them into pipeline opportunities.
- Meet ambitious weekly and monthly objectives defined by the company. You'll want to crush these goals!
- You will use your negotiation and persuasion skills to bring new restaurants partners to Too Good To Go by phone and email.
- You'll set our partners up for success by inspiring them to tackle food waste and ensuring they are well trained on our platform.
- Research accounts, identify stakeholders/decision-makers and generate interest about Too Good To Go.
Why you are the Waste Warrior we’re looking for:
- Experience within B2B Sales, preferably in a start-up/scale-up environment.
- A good network within the local food/restaurant industry is a big plus.
- Competitive and results-focused, understanding of KPIs and driven to smash targets.
- Coachable. Open to new ideas and feedback. Constantly looking to improve.
- A genuine passion for the mission (you also dream of a planet with no food waste!)
- Proactive, organized, and a positive, solution-oriented mindset.
- Fluent in English - Communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to be respectfully assertive.
- Autonomous and self-motivated, able to tackle different initiatives and adapt to a constantly changing and highly demanding work environment,
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your cover letter!
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as a Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers, and elevate one another.
- We Keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We're proud of the change we're driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1350 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- 100% Employer paid health coverage options for employee (includes medical EPO plan, dental, and vision)
- 50% Employer paid health coverage options for your family
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous Vacation Package of 20 days + 9 paid company holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Ref: #LI-LO1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.