At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
We’re on a mission to change this and are building our New York team now!
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 30 Million users, and more than 57 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey...
Reporting directly to the US Director, you will be pivotal in driving acquisition and development of key partnerships with retailers such as supermarkets, bakeries, restaurant chains, takeouts and hotels.
The Key Account Manager role will include:
- As you will be paving the path for Too Good To Go in the US market, a large part of the role in the first few months will be winning accounts and creating a portfolio of key accounts from scratch, and confidently pitching and demonstrating the value Too Good To Go will provide for businesses in the US market.
- Sole account management for key chains from lead generation to roll out; autonomy in managing these Key Accounts and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Onboarding and training of new stores in an efficient and scalable way, working with store-level contacts and senior stakeholders.
- Identifying new and innovative opportunities to improve existing accounts to help them save more meals. Inputting into the US strategy and assisting with international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- B2B Business Development experience - minimum 2-3 years. Ideally with B2B sales experience in the Food & Beverage / HoReCa industry.
- Communication skills: ability to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organization, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Organizational skills: high attention to detail and ability to work independently and efficiently on tasks, escalating when needed.
- Negotiation skills: ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- Creativity: ability to work cross functionally to develop strategies to win key accounts
- You are a fast learner and can handle working in a busy environment handling multiple tasks.
- You are independent, efficient and able to schedule your own time, while also being approachable and enjoy working with others on a growing team.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 750 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future.
- Pre Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous vacation package of 20 days
- Fully paid annual Citibike membership
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.