Mr D, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Business Operations Analyst to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us!
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Show the millions of Mr D customers what you can do
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
This position reports to the Data and Analytics Manager for Mr D.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Generate regular reports and provide insights/recommendations to the business focussed on the new Groceries Vertical. Topics include:
- Operational and delivery performance
- Driver supply, deployment, utilisation, and efficiency
- Store operational and trading performance
- Customer choice metrics and order behaviour
- Analyse the success and effectiveness of product and process changes
- Identify opportunities for growth within serviced areas as well as in currently unserviced areas based on demand, restaurant/driver availability and competitor activity.
- Facilitate the performance improvement of various teams within the business through the identification of operational and product weaknesses through testing/analysis and recommending process changes.
- Assisting the Data & Analytics Manager in compiling special enquiry reports.
- You will report to the Data and Analytics Manager of Mr D Food. Your regular points of contact will be the Mr D Food Operations, Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, Delivery, Sales and Engineering teams, as well as the wider Takealot Business Intelligence Team.
- Attention to detail in a high pressure environment.
- Enterprising spirit and ability to take ownership of tasks.
- Strong interest in e-commerce.
- Strong team player.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills.
- Ability to verbalise and visualise findings/results.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement in current processes.
- Ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions.
- Willingness to buy into the requirements of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, start-up environment.
- Exposure to a scripting language (e.g. SQL) and visualisation platforms (e.g. Qlikview, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI) is beneficial but not required.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in commerce, science or engineering.
- 1+ years’ experience in an operations, finance, consulting, analysis or BI environment.
Let’s talk about life @ Mr D
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds in the takealot group during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off - you deserve it.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Mr D is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference