MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Social Media Manager to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored if you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Head: Marketing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and managing our social media strategy.
- Defining most important social media KPIs based on marketing objectives.
- Briefing content production for various channels.
- Owning our social media channels including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube.
- Monitoring competitive communities for tactical opportunities.
- Executing on the social media elements of larger marketing campaigns.
- Being the voice of Mr D Food on social media channels.
- An in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Previous experience developing a brand’s social media strategy.
- 2+ years’ experience managing the social channels of a brand.
- Understanding of how to use social media management tools like Sprout Social + Hootsuite.
- Tertiary degree or Diploma advantageous
- A minimum of 2 years working as a social media manager
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.