MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Social Media Manager to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored if you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Head: Marketing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and executing our organic social media strategy.
- Defining most important social media KPI's based on marketing objectives.
- Measure and report performance of all organic and paid social activities against agreed KPI’s
- Briefing content production for various channels in line with strategy.
- Community management of our social media channels including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube & LinkedIn.
- Co-owning our social media marketing budget with the Head of Paid Media.
- Ensuring that all social media activities (seasonal and always-on) are aligned with overall Mr D Food campaigns, including performance marketing.
- Responsible for organic budget allocation and planning.
- Monitoring competitive communities for tactical opportunities.
- Being the voice of Mr D Food on social media channels.
- An in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Previous experience developing a brand’s social media strategy.
- 2+ years’ experience managing the social channels of a brand.
- Understanding of how to use social media management tools like Sprout Social + Hootsuite.
- Tertiary degree or Diploma advantageous
- A minimum of 2 years working as a social media manager
- Previous experience managing paid social advantageous
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
I acknowledge that if I have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, that request can be sent to email@example.com
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.