takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC Operations Trainer to join our team in Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the DC Project Manager.
Your responsibilities include :
- Leads operations training for new and current employees
- Tracks employee progress and assists in analysing training program effectiveness
- Collaborate with the DC leadership team to identify staff training and development needs for improved performance and provide resources and trainings to meet those needs.
- Assist in the coaching of staff towards meeting and exceeding performance expectations for quantity, quality, timeliness, and efficiency
- Conduct on-the-job training and employee orientation including Safety Methods Training and Production Standards for company employees in the Operations department
- Demonstrate, train and enforce Operational “Best Practices”
- Assist supervisors and management staff with people development.
- Identify areas that need the most improvement and report to supervisor for quality enhancement
- Drive and implement a multi skilling program
- Assist with annual performance review
- Assist in rolling-our the company training program ( my academy)
- Ensure SOP are adhered to
- Routinely audit Operational SOP
- Develop training material for new equipment and processes
- Train and support the understanding of operational KPI
- Works on ad hoc projects and events.
- Preparation of management reports
- Collaborate with project and operations managers
- Design, implement, and train on newly designed processes
- Constant engagement with the workforce on the operational floor to evaluate SOP adherence and training requirements
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree/Diploma in HR / Supply Chain / Operations management / Industrial engineering or similar
- 3-5 years field experience in staff training / staff development
- Experience in BEST OPERATING PRACTICES
- Experience in Continuous improvement / Six Sigma
- Strong People management affinity
- Warehousing and FMCG experience beneficial
- WMS systems experience beneficial
Skills required :
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Experience in the management of staff
- Strong administration skills
- Computer Literate (Intermediate to Advance Excel skills, PowerPoint presentations skills, MS Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Project Management)
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference,