takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a Group Advertising Sales Specialist to join our Takealot Group Advertising team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard working people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Advertising Sales Specialist - Team Lead
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maximise value from existing Takealot Group relationships (brands and sellers)
- Directly attracting new brands, agencies and non-retail advertisers to invest in new and existing advertising inventory
- Initiating, designing and ensuring implementation of group advertising campaigns
- Target suppliers and sellers (working with internal teams) to offer additional value through group advertising options
- Customise group advertising campaigns for high value clients
- Continuously contribute to the enhancement of the group rate card and pitch deck for standard campaigns
- Obtain assets required for designers to implement campaigns
- Ensure all booked advertising campaigns are added to the marketing calendar (briefed into retail marketing managers) and executed effectively and on time
- Oversee billing and payment
- Oversee campaign tracking reports and communicate outcomes to clients, building a campaign execution portfolio
- Consistently meet and surpass advertising sales targets
- Leverage Takealot’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences to ensure that advertising campaigns meet the success criteria set by the client
- Utilize a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service and programmatic ad buying to put solutions in place that will help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales and more
- Act as a strategic partner to advertising clients and sell a broad range of advertising solutions that will ensure that their business goals are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent campaign proposal design and management skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve sales targets
- Skilled in managing high-value accounts and managing relationships at an senior level
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising environment including sales, product, tools and campaign management
- Ability to identify key advertising sales opportunities and translate these into implementable solutions and action plans
- Ability to manage and influence teams across various business units
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and postgraduate qualification (Digital Marketing, Advertising and or Sales qualifications are advantageous)
- 3-5 years advertising sales experience as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated ability to consistently initiate sales opportunities and generate revenue
- Strong track record of internal and external relationship management
- Proven consultative approach in previous roles and a good understanding of the digital advertising landscape
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all. We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume
- Competitive. Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only in business hours
- Curious. Always questioning the status quo
- Not averse to risk
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference