takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Business Analyst to join our Product team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Product Manager
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyze and understand project scope and core objectives
- Lead requirements elicitation workshops with stakeholders to define high level business requirements
- Assist stakeholders to prioritize the requirements
- Plan and lead workshops with stakeholders and technical resources to elicit detailed (low level) functional requirements
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into their constituent details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs.
- Collaborate with technical lead and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with project teams to analyze information needs and functional requirements to deliver the following artefacts as needed:
- Business / functional requirement specification
- Workflow / process flow diagrams
- Data Model(s)
- Obtain business sign-off on the specifications
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by attending daily team meetings and initiating functional clarification sessions where required.
- Be the liaison between the business and the engineering team.
- Project manage the implementation of selected project initiatives.
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high quality, innovative, clean solutions
- Ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals.
- Versatile and with an appetite to learn by doing
- Highly structured thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have exceptional communication skills to help deliver insights to diverse stakeholders
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant Qualification or 3+ relevant experience (preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, BCom Computer Science or similar degree)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis, product management or a related field.
- Experience defining solutions for Customer Facing websites and systems.
- Experience in working with Agile / Scrum teams.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages with proven advanced proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets, Docs & Slides
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference