Mr D Food, the fast-growing online food delivery business within the takealot.com group, is looking for a highly talented Mid Level Quality Assurance Engineer (Automation) to join our team in Cape Town. If you're all about software development lifecycle, scripting, security and python is more than a snake to you, bring your love of all things QA automation and a desire to ensure the best experience for the customer.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Engineering Manager of Mr D Food
Your responsibilities will include:
- As an Intermediate Software Quality Engineer, you will be working as part of a cross-functional product team and will be responsible for designing and implementing end to end test automation frameworks and test suites for AWS cloud-based applications, services and mobile applications.
- Your responsibilities will include defining test coverage, creating and maintaining test cases, executing functional and performance tests, developing and maintaining test tools, and implementing test automation.
- You will work closely with software engineers, management, other Mr D Food teams, and will contribute new work to ensure the quality of our software to continue to deliver an experience that delights our customers.
- Experience in advanced automation and strong understanding of automation tools such as Appium, Selenium, NeoLoad (preferable), PostMan.
- Ability to design, implement, and execute automated tests and clearly document results.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and time management skills.
- Exposure to CI tools, such as Jenkins
- Thorough knowledge of software development lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Experience with version control (Git), bug tracking, and CI / CD systems and procedures.
- Understanding of REST APIs and JSON.
- Comfortable on the command line, locally and remotely (SSH) in a *nix based environment.
- Suitable knowledge of software design principles and patterns;
- Successful delivery of long duration and high complexity software projects.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with AWS Core Services: EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda, DynamoDB, IAM.
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Container based PaaS offerings.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Computer science degree (or equivalent) / ND-IT Software Development
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of being the leading food delivery player in South Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it is all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
- We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for Mr D Food
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference