Mr D Food, a division of takealot.com, is looking for highly talented Mid-Level Software Engineers (Python) to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us!
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Show the millions of Mr D Food customers what you can do
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some. Code alongside industry leaders and upskill in record time.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D Food. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
Who’s who in the tech space
This position reports to an Engineering Team Lead
As a Mid-Level Software Engineer (Python) you will help to develop, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You are self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Build systems to scale with our growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services
- Work closely with other engineers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability
- Develop, enhance and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team
The skills we need:
- Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.
- Experience with REST, Python and Linux.
- Experience in developing backend systems in a Micro Service architecture.
Nice to have:
- Experience with specific AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, Lambdas, CloudWatch)
- Experience using GIT version control
- Experience with NoSQL, Couchbase, Dynamo, Elastic
Qualifications & Experience:
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree or equivalent of 3 years relevant experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
Let’s talk about life @ Mr D Food
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Remote working: Love water cooler chats and working from home? We offer a hybrid working model for the best of both worlds.
- Mentorship programme: We aren’t kidding when we say the people with the best people win. Now’s your chance to be one of the best, by learning from the best.
- Naspers Tech Community & Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy, Udacity, Coursera and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds in the takealot group during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off - you deserve it.
- Right tools, right job: Mac or Windows, two monitors or one. Whatever your preference, you’ll work on the latest tech, off the latest tech.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Tech stack (for days): Angular, Python, Kotlin, Swift, AWS, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, IOT and all things machine learning. If you build it, they will come.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference