Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC Development Project Engineer to join our Supply Chain Development team in Cape Town or Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t get bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports into the Senior DC Development Project Engineer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of infrastructure and process projects within the Distribution Centres (DC’s) in the network.
- The function of the role is to execute the design, planning and implementation of new process and infrastructure improvements and expansions of existing DC’s from start to completion, under the guidance of the DC Development Manager.
- The role is required to, on an ongoing basis, evaluate existing process and infrastructure to ensure that maximum efficiency is extracted through improvement projects.
- The role also manages project expenditures against budget allocation for specific projects.
- Designing and implementing distribution center operations to support the business growth
- Procurement of equipment to support operations and processes
- Analysing and implementing new automation within the distribution center operations, under the guidance of the DC Development Manager
- Supporting supply chain operations in delivering budgeted productivity improvements through engineering and continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintaining infrastructure and process blueprint for facilities according to business requirements
- Management and control of costs for specific projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Distribution Centre purpose, function and operation at a detail level
- Responds quickly to changing situations and works well under pressure while maintaining individual team effectiveness
- Logical thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills - works well with others, able to motivate a complex team with diverse skills
- Focused, self-motivated and target driven; determined to succeed
- Self-starter able to initiate new projects
- Strong communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics, Supply Chain or Engineering
- Previous experience in a project space in Distribution Centres or warehousing on a large
scale with complex operations
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.