takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Accountant to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Financial Accountants
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing General Ledger account reconciliations
- Assistance with monthly management accounts
- Processing of journals
- Bookkeeping up to trial balance
- Processing monthly accruals
- Assistance with departmental budgets and budget review packs
- Expense and cost centre allocation
- Approval of monthly and weekly payment batches
- Distribution of proof of payment to business stakeholders
- Processing of invoices and collection of debtors
- Investigation of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable reconciliation variances
- Processing and management of PPE, WIP, depreciation and amortisation
- Facilitate and attendance of annual stock takes
- Assistance during the Interim and Annual Audit process
- May be required to perform additional ad hoc duties, as required within the department
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Problem solving skills
- B. Com Accounting Degree or similar qualification
- Computer proficiency pertaining to MS Office is a prerequisite
- Advanced Excel skills
- Completed SAICA articles
- Sage Evolution experience would be beneficial
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.