MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Accountant.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Finance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the daily transactional processing of all transactions, within the business unit
- Build scalable, controlled processes to support a hyper growth environment
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Ownership of weekly payment process to all restaurant and driver partners- start to finish
- Oversee all restaurant and driver partner accounts, through management of creditors clerk team:
- Assist with restaurant and driver partner onboarding
- Assist with escalated queries by restaurant and driver partners
- Reconciliations of individual accounts
- Risk management associated with creditors function including putting in place sufficient controls.
- Oversee bulk invoicing and processing to restaurant and driver partners
- Review monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable and payable
- Daily/weekly finance reports to management
- Weekly reconciliation of control accounts
- Month end procedures and reporting (Income statement + Balance sheet)
- Influence policies and processes that would drive scalable operations,
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
- Work closely with operations/marketing/engineering department on all finance related aspects
Skills & Attributes required:
- High volume environment with system driven approach
- Can pay close attention to detail
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Worked in a hyper growth environment advantage
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Work with a dynamic and young team
- Able to evaluate high-risk decisions
- Coordination skills
- Critical thinking ability
- Deadline oriented
- Have the ability to accurately plan and manage your time
Qualifications and experience:
- B.Com Accounting/Finance Management
- 2-4 years’ experience in corporate finance
- SAICA / SAIPA articles
- Honours (would be advantageous)
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.