takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Risk and Security Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the DC General Manager
In this role, you will:
- Management of Risk
- Management of Security and Service Providers
- Plan, design and implementing the risk management tactics
- Regularly audit all operational processes from a risk perspective
- Daily risk assessments and evaluations
- Risk auditing and reporting
- Weekly security audit and reporting
- Business continuity plan
- Loss control, exception management and investigations across all regional sites
- Develop a network of intelligence sources to identify high loss areas and develop corrective actions
- Access control
- CCTV management and affiliated service providers
- Management of the complete Health and Safety function for the site as required and stipulated by law
- Innovate and proactively anticipate Risk in the DCs
- Regularly engage with operational managers
- Specialised industry and risk training, and a track record of implementing risk programmes
- Proven Investigation experience
- Excellent negotiation, communication, interpersonal and decision-making skills, supported by excellent presentation and project management skills
- Decisive leader with strong planning, organization and control
- Stress tolerant and confident
- Deadline-driven and results orientated with a proven track record of achievements
- High business acumen
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities in a complex business environment
- Risk Management Qualification
- Min 10 years in Middle Management Risk Management in a Logistics / Warehousing Distribution / Manufacturing / FMCG
- Forensic qualification & experience preferable
- Exposure of H&S management
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.