User Experience (UX) Designer
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a talented User Experience (UX) Designer to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
We are looking for a UX Designer with strong interests and capabilities in the research, design and data analysis of engaging user experiences.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design project. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
This position reports to the UX Team Lead.
- Collaborate with product managers & business stakeholders to confirm business objectives and define user objectives & flows.
- Build wireframes & convert wireframes into a working prototype.
- Collaborate with technical leads in order to design innovative & engaging user experiences within platform constraints and technical limitations.
- Facilitate user testing and evaluate user feedback to further improve the concept or existing products.
- Work closely with the development & QA teams to ensure successful implementation of the specified designs.
- Measure the effectiveness of each initiative & refine.
- Research interaction design trends.
- Conduct research independently.
- Run monthly surveys in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collect survey data, analyze data, capture and collate data results.
- Interpret analyzed data.
- Propose further research, testing and designs based on user needs.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications required.
- You have at least 2 years experience working with data sets, and you are comfortable doing data analysis and reporting based on data.
- You have at least 2 years experience with data analysis, surveys and design research.
- Experience designing in a customer and user-centric manner.
- Experience with standard UCD methodologies.
- Information architecture & information design
- Interaction design
- Persona creation
- User-centered design
- UI design (low fidelity)
- Wireframing & prototyping
- Data analysis
- Task analysis
- Market research
- Usability testing
- A/B testing
- Web analytics
- User research
- Meticulous attention to data analysis (qualitatively and quantitatively), high level of proven accuracy
- Business analysis
- Communication skills (written, verbal & visual)
- Chairing workshops & meetings
- Project & people management
Strong working knowledge of the following web design tools
- Wireframing tools (e.g. Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch etc.)
- Process flow tools
- Survey tools
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenges the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference