PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an engineer passionate about pursuing cutting-edge research in machine learning as it pertains to a wide variety of areas of game development!
The ideal candidate has strong expertise in machine learning / deep learning and is dedicated to creatively applying research and owning the implementation of software that changes the way games are made. If you’re interested in helping us take our genre-defining games to the next level, come join our team!
- Collaborate with technical leadership, designers, animators, and programmers to determine how to best apply machine learning concepts to different areas of game development
- Act as a point of contact for machine learning initiatives both within engineering and with its stakeholders
- Prototype rapidly to take initiatives from ideation to working proof of concepts
- Scale proof of concepts into production quality solutions
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- 2+ years of experience in a machine learning / deep learning-focused role
- Knowledge of standard machine learning and deep learning frameworks and libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, NumPy, and Pandas
- Knowledge of at least one technical area of game development
- At least one shipped game title as a programmer
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- A strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.