PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This role can be fully remote or onsite in Playa Vista, CA (when the studio re-opens) with relocation support, if needed.
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Lead Tools Programmer for the development of a new unannounced title!
You’re into making everyone else’s life better. You’re into tools. You spend your time thinking about workflow improvements and slick user interfaces and optimizations that will decrease iteration times. You’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout!
- Build, refine, and support plugins and data pipeline to facilitate content iteration.
- Maintain open dialogues with customers, inviting feedback, looking for areas of improvement.
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects.
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions.
- Profile and optimize systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance.
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices.
- Partner with leads and directors to meet visual and technical standards.
- Help optimize by educating team members as well as driving profiling automation and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience.
- Expertise in C/C++ and Python required.
- Solid understanding of 3D math.
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.