PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, forward-thinking engineers, and a passionate security team? If so, join us! You will get the opportunity to be part of building out and lead a vulnerability assessment team that will focus on red team testing, use-case based penetration testing, working with our bug bounty program, vulnerability management and handling security incidents on our services and clients. It’s encouraged to establish and lead the most effective team from cost and quality perspective to provide security validations for our product and it is also required to lead offshore or contractor resources in addition to full time employees.
- Handle, lead and mentor a team including onsite members, nearshore members, offshore members and 3rd party resources that provides vulnerability assessment team tests and programs.
- Establish and keep performing world class security validation and vulnerability management programs against PlayStation products. That includes red team testing, use-case based penetration tests and regular penetration tests, SAST, SCA and DAST execution and remediation.
- Work with the blue team that provides the Secure Development Lifecycle program to development teams to keep performing security validation on each product in a timely manner.
- Work with development teams with efficient communication to let them fix security issues that are detected in all vulnerability assessment team programs based on vulnerability management policy.
- Being responsible to build a budget and team resource plan for all tasks in the responsibility of our vulnerability assessment team.
- Understanding the whole global information security team in PlayStation and performing security validation programs against PlayStation products while collaborating with other security teams.
- Experience to develop a team of 3+ engineers, , handle offshore resources and 3rd party resources.
- Experience with team building and mentoring engineers.
- 6+ years previous experience in information security or equivalent and 3+ years demonstrated ability as a leader or manager of technical teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Security/Cyber Security or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as social skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the ability to secure them.
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, Go, Python, C++ and Scala etc. and understand how to detect and remedy related security issues such as OWASP top 10.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Experience with application security tools such as SAST, SCA and DAST solutions
- Leading a team of engineers in a global capacity
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Penetration Testing.
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques.
- Hacker Mindset and always strives to think like an attacker.
- Technical certifications within information security are a plus (CISSP, CCSP, GIAC or equivalents).
- Experience with multiple development methodologies such as Agile, DevOps etc.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.