PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Executive Assistant, Legal
San Mateo, CA (Collab)
The Executive Assistant reports to the Vice President, Corporate, GDPR, M&A & Legal Operations, whose team supports Global Developer & Publisher Relations and Mergers & Acquisition, as well as handling Corporate Governance and Legal Operations functions. This position will also provide support to this executive and two or three other department vice presidents or senior directors.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys proactively managing executives and their calendars and also likes coordinating and co-managing a multitude of multi-stakeholder projects and activities. This position requires someone who is discreet, diplomatic and an excellent communicator, knowing when and how to communicate a message most effectively. The successful candidate has proven experience in leveraging information technology across different platforms and functions and can combine those skills with the interpersonal skills needed to make them and their executives more productive and successful.
The ideal candidate would also be someone who has significant experience with the tracking and monitoring of legal budgets, including the use of budgeting features available in billing systems such as SimpleLegal or CounselLink, and is comfortable regularly communicating with outside law firms and vendors about the timing of invoice submissions.
The Vice President's responsibilities include a significant number of global activities that involve working with colleagues in Europe and Asia, so the successful Executive Assistant will have a love of ambassadorship and collaborative teamwork with other members of the legal department, both domestically and abroad. The ideal candidate is a relationship builder and an ambassador for their executives and the Legal Department.
- Professionally represent the executives through initial telephone conversations, email correspondence and contact meetings.
- Handle swiftly and adeptly the complex and ever-changing calendars for the assigned Legal Department Executives.
- Prepare for, coordinate and open communication lines (telephone, video and web) for group meetings, making sure that the “trains run on time.”
- Schedule travel plans and accommodations for the assigned Legal Department Executives and handle all of the details of expense reporting through the Finance Department’s electronic systems.
- Ensure a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, answer and screen phone calls and manage correspondence and communication flow.
- Act as administrative liaison between the executives and Sony group companies, vendors, and industry contacts.
- Provide logistical support for key department team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties.
- Function as a communications hub for each of the executives’ teams.
- Knowledge of contract workflow with ability to follow through with the process with minimal direction.
- Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant and Administrative Assistant counterparts across SIE’s business and organization and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels.
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
- At least 3 years of executive administrative or other, directly relevant work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or another, equivalent educational degree.
- Power-user proficiency with Outlook, electronic expense reimbursement systems such as SAP Concur, electronic finance and accounting systems such as SAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint, and Google Drive products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and the ability to juggle multitasks adeptly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and use a lot of discretion when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner.
- An interest in interactive entertainment.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.