PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer
At Sony Interactive Entertainment, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
Are you passionate about world class technology? Do you enjoy developing engineering solutions for software used by tens-of-millions of passionate technology loyalists around the world? Would you like a career opportunity that combines both your passion for games and skills as a software engineer? Then you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation®!
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the team, you will design highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers, operations team members across PlayStation and build solid commerce platform solutions. We are a fast-paced environment. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle. Supporting the ongoing and dramatic growth on our platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will
- Provide component and system level designs for large-scale commerce systems under Sony’s PlayStation Network Platform.
- Implement interactive web-based services and commerce capabilities using industry leading technology choices.
- Maintain ongoing operational ownership of components deployed to the production environment.
- Become a domain expert and provide strong technical leadership
- Develop and maintain tools using Java and other industry relevant languages.
- Perform unit testing and bug fixing, create and maintain internal tests and maintain internal and external documentation
- Gather and document requirements from external teams
- Assist with hiring and training/mentoring of new staff, ferform code reviews
- Develop AWS based systems using managed services
Required Skills and capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years large scale programming and systems experience, preferably in Java
- Experience working with source management system platforms such as Git
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to build, collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and strong work ethic
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and platforms.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.