PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
You have a great opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment and PlayStation. This is challenging and great opportunity for a Staff DevOps Engineer with expertise in cloud environments and a strong background in AWS and GCP Solutions Architecture and Systems Design.
The position requires the individual to implement and deliver an end-to-end automation platform to support a highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed data and services platform. This will require experience in designing solutions at an enterprise level, provisioning, securing, and maintaining infrastructure.
The successful candidate will need to have strengths in building capabilities to prevent, detect, contain, and respond to security vulnerabilities. They should be highly skilled in creative problem solving and have broad industry knowledge to ensure a strong customer focus. Excellent communication skills are also critical, as the role will involve working with a team and collaborating with other departments.
Overall, this position offers a unique opportunity to work with a leading gaming company and to be involved in the development of a highly advanced and innovative data and services platform.
- Must have proven experience in the Information Security field, including operational security monitoring experience
- Must possess proven experience in driving technical solution strategy and vision across the enterprise
- 3+ years of AWS/GCP Cloud Architecting, over-viewing Security and DevOps
- 3+ years of full-time experience in data infrastructure ideally within the information security field
- Finding opportunities for improvement and solutioning improvements through the enterprise standard processes and patterns to protect SIE platform.
- Expert AWS solutions architect with experience identifying issues and formalizing strategies that solve customer needs
- Experience developing tools and automation using common DevOps toolsets and programming languages such as Java, Go, and Python.
- Hands on experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) tools and solutions
- Automation of infra provisioning using Terraform, CloudFormation and Jenkins
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS technical and partner communities
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes by creating different deployment strategies managing applications in various name spaces.
- Experienced in agile methodology through various projects as well as leading weekly and daily standups
- Highly organized, dedicated with a “can do” attitude
- Thorough problem solver and great teammate with proven leadership skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Engage, influence, and promote standard methodologies for secrets management with development, operational, and product groups to align technology service/solution delivery.
- Drive quality accountability within the organization with well-defined processes, metrics, and goals.
- Ability to define and report progress on strategic initiates and project-level tasks to all partners including senior executives and clients and use practical communication approaches with each constituency.
- Implement processes to ensure service quality targets are met.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.