PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to join a team committed to personalizing the PlayStation experience for millions of users? The work we do delivers impactful insights to build an increasingly dynamic and interactive experience! The Software Engineer will deliver and optimize interactions across PlayStation experiences and systems by designing, building, testing and cost-effectively deploying microservices that power our Machine Learning Platform.
We are looking for someone who can build delightful products and experiences for millions, in an agile environment, collaborating with teams-across Engineering, Product and Design. Further, you will be immersed in ML technologies, tools and processes, as you help to advance our technical objectives and architectural initiatives.
- Design, build, deploy and maintain Scala and Python based backend micro services and libraries that integrate with Machine Learning pipelines
- Optimize resource and infrastructure cost and extend micro services to use new technology
- Support production issues and actively serve an on-call schedule
- Own end to end implementation by effectively communicating with non-technical stakeholders about requirements and deliverables
- Evaluate new tools and technologies to support our Machine Learning ecosystem
- BS in engineering or computer science
- Proficiency in Scala and/or Python
- 5+ years of industry work experience in large scale and low latency Java/Kubernetes services for real-time customers
- Machine Learning knowledge and experience is a big plus
- Experience with system distributed cloud-based environments, such as AWS
- Experience with tech stacks such as Databricks, Spark, Kubernetes, and Seldon
- Experience with machine learning tools such as MLlib, Tensorflow, and scikit-learn
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.