PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Business Analyst, Data Governance & Literacy
San Mateo or Los Angeles or San Diego, CA
“The growth of data is outpacing an organization’s ability to get value from it”, said a prominent research firm. The Data Governance & Literacy (DGL) team in Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is set up to drive responsible and effective use of data within SIE and in broader Sony, thereby enabling a data-driven culture to harness the most value from our data. This is accomplished by governing data as a valuable enterprise asset (responsible) and continuously elevating the organization’s level of data literacy (effective).
What We’re Currently Looking For
In today’s data economy, just focusing on collecting and making data available is not enough. We must also invest in minimizing the data discovery journey, defined as the time it takes to know what data exists, find it, and understand its context and trustworthiness. Shortening the data discovery journey means allowing data analysts more time doing what are hired to do – generating insights - thereby reducing the time-to-value of data.
In SIE, we invest in making data discovery efficient through the implementation of a data catalog and cultivation of a vibrant data community. The DGL team is looking for a Business Analysis to help drive the adoption & usage of our Alation data catalog, both in SIE and in broader Sony. You will be part of a team that helps build a world-class data culture by empowering data citizens across our diverse business and geographical landscape.
This role will require components of analytics, strategy, and program management across key pivotal initiatives that accelerate adoption. This is a tremendous opportunity to help design, implement, and drive the maturity of the data discovery as a core capability that will transform how Alation delivers value for our business through its capabilities.
- Establish a strong bond with the data community, understand who the data catalog users are, how they use it, and what are the challenges and opportunities
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses through metrics and customer research to identify activities that increase value, usage & adoption by user segments, business units, and journey stages
- Drive a formalized end to end user engagement model that prescribes critical steps across the customer lifecycle to drive engagement and create optimal user experience
- Deliver a gamification framework to bring vibrancy to the community and generate enthusiasm and make knowledge sharing fun
- Help Sony group companies to start their data catalog journeys
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of the mindset and needs of data users, either because you have been a data user or have been in a front-line data support role
- Proficiency with SQL, Tableau, and visualizations
- Analytical, with ability to develop abstract goals into concrete tasks
- Proactive, dedicated
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with above skills in analytics, strategy, and/or program management
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Experience in data catalog
- Japanese language proficiency
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.