PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Valkyrie Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Seattle. Since 2002, we have worked with world-class game developers and publishers and we are a proud member of PlayStation Studios.
At our studio, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and diverse team while contributing to a wide variety of projects and styles.
The ideal UI Artist will help design and implement high-quality user-interfaces for our internally developed mobile game title. Working with a small and agile team, this person will also produce 2D graphical assets, assist with marketing materials, and help design UI wireframes.
Our studio is located in the heart of downtown Seattle with Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Waterfront, several theaters, Metro transit system, and many culinary delights all within just a few blocks walking distance.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and create high-quality 2D art assets
- Create cohesive style guides, visual comps, and wireframes
- Design layouts, flows, and interactions for our game’s UI
- Implement UI assets into the game engine
- Work functionally across various teams
- Rapidly prototype, iterate, and refine ideas based on feedback
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders to ensure quality standards are met
- Support additional 2D art efforts for the studio and game
- 3+ years as a UI Artist with at least one shipped title on PC, console, or mobile platforms
- Strong skills with 2D art design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Knowledge of color theory and the ability to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Strong understanding of typography and iconography
- Strong understanding of information flow/design
- Experience in using a wide variety of art styles
- Self-starter and problem-solving mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver and receive information with an open mind and focus on product
- Unity Experience
- At least one shipped Mobile title as UI/UX Artist
- Ability to work full time in our Seattle, WA studio
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.