PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Valkyrie Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Seattle. Since 2002, we have worked with world-class game developers and publishers and we are a proud member of PlayStation Studios.
At our studio, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and diverse team while contributing to a wide variety of projects and styles.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will work with the Lead Designer and development team to design game features and collaborate with other disciplines to match the game vision. Working with the team, you will create and modify a wide range of game systems to improve the overall game experience. You are multifaceted and self-motivated with experience implementing content for shipped game projects utilizing a combination of creative and technical design skills.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design game features that match the creative direction of the game
- Modify economy and progression systems to feel rewarding and improve retention
- Balance gameplay values to create a fun experience
- Work with audio, art, engineering, and other designers to create a cohesive experience
- Test features to ensure they meet the design goals
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Game Designer or a related role, with at least one shipped title (PC, Console, or Mobile)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce AAA quality work
- Deep understanding and passion for RTS game mechanics, as well as other genres
- Good methodology and problem solving ability, with a focus on rapid iteration to achieve balance, pacing, and fun
- Experience developing mobile Free-to-Play games, particularly in the areas of economy design and live operations
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, as well as seek help from others when needed
- Effective collaborator with developers from other disciplines, along with willingness to lead focused multidisciplinary efforts
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems
- Experience designing and developing games with the Unity engine
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Experience in Systems Design
- Experience shipping at least one mobile title
- Experience developing games for an international audience
- Ability to work full time in our Seattle, WA studio
- Experience writing code for tools in Unity
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.