PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The Business Analyst is a proactive, analytically inclined strategy driver and storyteller with a passion for the Gaming and Entertainment space. This role partners closely with other business analysts, the Network Advertising sales team, and cross-departmental organizations to deliver solutions that inform the strategic direction for the department and insights across Global PlayStation business units.
As a member of the Operations team within Network Advertising, this role requires an independent contributor who collaborates effectively with a variety of collaborators to support revenue-driving operations, improve processes and workflows, implement new solutions, and maintain the data integrity of the Net Ads technical ecosystem, primarily the Salesforce CRM platform.
A successful candidate will be:
Data-literate: comfortable with all-things data including reading, creating, manipulating, cleansing, and communicating data.
Resourceful: able to roll up their sleeves on a task, tracking down org resources, getting deep into the numbers, reaching out to subject matter experts, and more to get to optimal solutions.
Curious: excited to learn; wants to understand how things work, what shaped the results, and iterate to improve processes/outcomes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage operational tools and integrations across tools in partnership with product owners and dev team
- Optimize processes cross-departmentally and fine-tune systems for delivering efficiently and on-time
- Identify and capture requirements, translating into scalable solutions with a focus on exceptional user experience
- Triage and help prioritize questions/issues raised by end users
- Document workflows and processes, create training materials for workflows and tools, onboard and train new team members
- Perform thorough user acceptance testing balancing user experience and technical efficacy
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree in a marketing or analytical field
- 2-4 years experience in a Salesforce Admin role
- Experience with Salesforce products CPQ (FKA Steelbrick), CRM Analytics (FKA Tableau CRM, Einstein Analytics, Wave), and Datorama a huge plus
- Salesforce Admin certified (Admin I required, and Admin II preferred)
Required/Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Solid understanding of the SFDC platform and ability to manually load data, work with formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Sales Cloud and Admin certifications preferred
- Knowledge of advertising industry, sales practices and systems a plus
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs
- Demonstrable ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, multi-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous and analytical nature; metric driven behavior with a high degree of organization.
- Innovative, self-starter with high work ethic.
- Ability to travel to industry or partner events as needed.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.