PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Director, Product Management – PlayStation Plus
San Diego, CA/ San Francisco, CA
PlayStation’s Monetization team is responsible for the players subscription experience on PlayStation consoles, websites and mobile. We help millions of players enhance their gaming experience with benefits, features and access to the game content they love. Located in San Diego, the team is passionate about gaming and great products, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive.
We are looking for a Director of Product Manager who can continue to build and improve the PlayStation Plus service across the globe. In this role you will work as part of a team, innovating on the existing PlayStation Plus service experience to define what comes next for PlayStation customers around the world.
- Lead & grow the PlayStation Plus Product organization including staffing, leadership, and employee development.
- Lead and evolve the PlayStation Plus roadmap to drive the acquisition and retention of players across the globe
- Effectively lead both internal stakeholder product needs alongside the player experience
- Develop strategic OKRs for PlayStation Plus and align on targets with partner teams.
- Deeply collaborate with design and engineering teams to build solutions that are compelling, easy to use and realistic to implement
- Partner with global sales and marketing teams to facilitate the Product team’s domain expertise and to support the go-to-market planning, positioning, messaging, and content.
- Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business goals
- Understand and communicate effectively how your product is used in market, based on customer feedback, research, and data to large audiences.
- Comprehend and communicate the competitive landscape as it affects PlayStation Plus.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in innovative software and/or services product company
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver extraordinary solutions. A track record for building software that delivers against desired outcomes.
- Deep understanding of subscriber commercial metrics and tried experience using data to drive decisions.
- A love for breaking down sophisticated problems into manageable goals and finding simple solutions to meet diverse needs
- Confirmed ability to optimally balance both strategic and operational skills.
- Knowledge of modern software engineering processes and principles
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), especially in terms of dealing with different groups of interest (end-user vs. engineering)
Nice to Have:
- Games industry experience ideal, or media background
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.