PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Online Programmer | PlayStation: San Diego Studio
We will consider mid-level to senior plus professional experience.
We have a great opportunity to join PlayStation Studios. We are seeking an Online Programmer to assist with development and improvement of online systems and tools for the MLB The Show product line. After learning the current online architecture and systems, you will add online features to the game, extend or develop server-side systems and implement groundbreaking features. Your efforts will directly impact the next generation of The Show. If this is you, then you need to come play with us here in sunny San Diego.
- Learn, maintain, and augment existing online code, servers, and tools.
- Collaborate with designers to turn ideas into concrete game features.
- Recognize sub-optimal code systems and workflows, refactoring as needed.
- Research and experiment with new implementation techniques.
- Expert programming skills with C++.
- Strong programming skills with C#.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with asynchronous message passing architectures.
- A detailed understanding of Internet communications and associated standard methodologies.
- Experience with operating a live service.
- Multi-platform development experience (*nix, Windows, gaming console).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to write efficient, compact code for systems with limited resources.
- Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions.
- Experience with user interface programming and tools development.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Game industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with .Net, WPF, and MVVM UI development.
- Familiarity with MySQL or other RDBMS.
- Familiarity with cryptography or TLS/SSL.
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems and deployment orchestration.
- Detailed baseball rules understanding.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.