PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Resource Efficiency Analyst
San Mateo, CA (remote ok)
As the company grows and evolves, we seek to create impact beyond gaming, inspire social change, and help preserve the planet for generations to come. SIE is now developing an exciting new multi-disciplinary Environment, Social and Governance team to help the company address its broader environmental and CSR impacts. Our purpose is to:
- Forge a path ahead on ESG, and not just follow the crowd.
- To turn our intentions into action.
- Do the right things, and do them well.
Reporting to the Environment and Climate Strategy Manager, the Resource Efficiency Analyst will lead our efforts to assess and address the materials-related lifecycle impacts of our products and services globally. The successful candidate will have hands-on involvement in our efforts to reduce the materials dependency of our products, services, and business operations, coordinate innovative academic research, prepare for future resource efficiency and circular economy regulations, and help fulfil important voluntary environmental commitments. Based in SIE’s London office, they will be in the ideal position to engage and nurture partnerships with our internal and external collaborators.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze new international environmental policy trends and developments on resource efficiency, circular economy, and take-back, including proposed legislation, codes of practice, ecolabels and standards, and report and share findings with key environmental personnel and management.
- Engage with SIE’s key external collaborators to understand their concerns regarding resource efficiency and circular economy, and help shape SIE’s global response.
- Engage in, support, and use the latest research in resource efficiency.
- Develop and support SIE’s various voluntary environmental agreements and commitments with governmental bodies.
- Manage SIE’s engagement with government bodies and institutions regarding policy development consultation, and support the local compliance teams to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate projects and programs across SIE business groups and achieve SIE’s resource efficiency commitments, e.g. manage SIE’s resource-efficient packaging benchmarking exercise and use of recycled plastics in-game boxes.
- Must be qualified at a graduate level with a degree in an appropriate subject, e.g., environmental science or management.
- Must have at least three years of experience in a relevant environmental management position within the electronics or entertainment industry.
- The ideal candidate will have good communication and project management skills, with a good command of Microsoft Office applications.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.