PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Manager, Testing & Analytics, plays a critical role in the PlayStation Direct Business.
This individual will support the broader PlayStation Direct team by developing best-in-class digital and web analytics capabilities, building an A/B testing program to optimize digital conversion, revenue, and margin, and helping launch and optimize site personalization.
What you'll be doing:
A/B Testing Program
Manage the experimentation program and testing team. Evangelize experimentation in the organization.
Find opportunities for improvement and/or testing and develop informed business recommendations to share with the team. Prioritize and lead an optimization roadmap based on business goals, level of effort, and expected revenue & traffic outcomes
Oversee test execution and measurement and communication of test results. Summarize and quantify test results, project business impact, and effectively present results with recommendations for go-forward strategies.
Set standards and processes for testing. Develop and standardize test reporting and analysis approach and templates. Establish experimentation program success metrics and monitor the program's performance over time. Manage the relationship with chosen testing solution (internal or external), including quarterly business reviews.
Web and Digital Analytics
Build a world-class web and digital analytics team to support ongoing business optimization and enable growth initiatives. In this role, you will lead a team of web and business insight analysts that works daily with Commercial and Digital Merchandising teams to understand all aspects of daily business operations and to help identify and deliver growth opportunities ranging from new assortment, pricing, and promotions, customer journey optimization, new website features, and capabilities. Your team will partner with the business leads across the organization to build accurate business cases for business initiatives and will track and evaluate progress and attainment.
Partner with Digital Merchandising and Product Management, as well as PlayStation Store on our Personalization strategy to ensure alignment of personalization and testing capabilities. Provide ongoing analyst support to the personalization program, engaging data science as needed for machine learning inputs and advanced data analytics.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, (marketing, economics or finance), engineering or mathematics, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of experience in optimization & A/B testing
- 3+ years of people management
- Extensive experience with A/B Testing tools such as Adobe Target (Test & Target), Optimizely, Site Spect, as well as with Adobe Analytics
- Expertise in tools and languages supporting data extraction, analysis, reporting, and visualization: Excel, PowerPoint, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau, SQL, R, Python
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and analysis to support hypothesis testing, provide recommendations, and drive actions
- Proven understanding of statistics and analytical frameworks required to interpret test results accurately
- Ability to understand business objectives and support business case development, inclusive of financial implications, incrementally, and profitability
- Strong verbal and written communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively tell stories with data and present test findings and recommended actions to a non-technical audience
- Dedication to quality & attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to collaborate effectively in fast-paced and highly cross-functional or matrixed environments
- Exposure to website development/design processes and HTML/CSS and JS is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.