PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Social Impact Communications Manager
Location: San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Corporate Communications is looking for a new team member to help develop, lead, and implement communications strategies, assets, and messaging to further SIE’s Corporate Social Responsibility story internally and externally. The role will partner closely with SIE’s Environment Social Governance (ESG) team. This role is based at SIE’s headquarters in San Mateo, California.
Role Overview / Responsibilities
- Strengthen and cultivate relationships with news, mainstream, business, print and online media as well as non-profit organizations and key industry collaborators.
- Build awareness of SIE’s CSR work in mainstream press outlets.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand initiatives, map out timelines and develop and implement communications strategies.
- Assist in preparation of CSR communications material related to CSR for internal and external audiences.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate closely with Marketing, HR, Internal Comms, DEI, and our Employee Networks to improve communications impact.
- Prepare briefing materials, review press releases and lead internal partners.
- Identify, create and implement opportunities to connect executives, community leaders, partners with the press.
- Ability to work with various teams and external agencies to drive proactive announcements in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist the team in various cross-functional internal projects as needed.
What we’re looking for / Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years in communications, preferably with focus on social impact, sustainability, or DEI communications
- Strong project management skills, experience working on multiple projects with cross-functional teams in a global corporate environment.
- Existing relationships and experience dealing with reporters, including shown success of coverage in news outlets, mainstream media, and business press.
- Outstanding communications skills and ability to transform complex narrative into distinct messaging to a variety of audiences (media, employees, etc.)
- Understanding of CSR Communications and working with or in support of diverse communities.
- Experience and ability to think fast and innovate quickly!
- Excellent writing, editing, and copy-editing skills; previous writing/editing experience in corporate communications, PR, or journalism fields preferred.
- BA degree (preferably in Communications, English, or Public Relations)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.