PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Sr Product Manager
Location: San Mateo, CA or London, UK
Key Function and Responsibility of the Role:
As a Sr. Product Manager you will have a strategic and visible role within Sony Interactive Entertainment’s global marketing team! You will be responsible for product oversight on PlayStation’s CRM platforms, assisting in the development of data-enabled capabilities that allow us to create personalized and relevant content and communications in our owned channels.
In this role, you will partner with campaign strategy, audience analytics, and product & engineering teams to identify, scope, prioritize, and contribute to the CRM technology roadmap; balancing quick wins against long-term capability development. This is a unique opportunity to impact and influence our direction as we continue to invest in evolving the technology foundation on which we build the future of automated personalization.
You will bring strong experience to the development and delivery of CRM capabilities. Your passion will be to discover, develop and ship infrastructure, products, and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
CRM (Omnichannel) Product Management:
- Partners with global customer engagement teams to understand operational needs and write feature requirements that can be implemented by developers.
- Assists in sizing and forecasting of new omnichannel CRM features/capabilities in partnership with analytics and campaign strategy/execution teams.
- Develops innovative solutions for difficult problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
- UAT and testing oversight; works closely with the campaign deployment team to plan and implement features within releases; supports end users by troubleshooting and resolving incidents.
- Maintains knowledge of current and planned CRM platforms, and provides guidance on how to best use Salesforce and other technologies to meet business needs.
- Works collaboratively with engineering, marketing, legal, UX, etc. on innovative technologies.
- Partners with audience analytics and campaign strategy teams to understand how CRM platform capabilities can use owned data, predictive modeling, audience management, and reporting.
- Champions our long-term CRM strategic vision for capabilities growth and educates the wider marketing teams on new releases and tools.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required.
Required and Preferred
- 6+ years of product management experience with CRM platforms, ideally supporting CRM personalization at scale.
- Experience with Agile Methodology.
- Strategic approach, with experience supporting short, medium and long-term technology roadmaps.
- Ability to uncover business requirements, translate them into engineering sprint and resource planning while meeting project deadlines.
- Strong user experience sensibilities.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate between marketing partners and technical development teams.
- Proven ability to deliver successful, valuable customer and business outcomes
- Excellent social, organizational, and communication skills.
- Deep empathy for customers and other humans.
Candidate Preferred Qualities
- Ideal candidate attributes
- Experience visualizing data flows to assist in communicating technical requirements.
- Experience reviewing analytics & user research to drive decisions.
- Experience working for a large, global brand.
- Strong digital skill – understanding of the role of emerging platforms in the fast-moving marketing technology landscape.
- Strong presentation and reporting skills.
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change.
- Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver.
- A teammate who is able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.