PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager, PlayStation Digital Retail - Discovery Experience Tools
San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As part of the PlayStation Digital Retail team, who design and build the PlayStation Store across all platforms, you will help to drive key initiatives and projects in a growing and influential space in our portfolio.
This role is focused primarily on evolving the tools and workflows used to craft engaging and effective Store Discovery experiences across the PlayStation Network (Console, Web, Mobile). Our team is looking for a motivated Product Manager to define the customer experience, operator workflows, and important metrics & services to support this rapidly growing part of our business. The ideal candidate is eager to lead development of this critical retail touchpoint and use their product management skills to build a best-in-class digital retail experience that connects passionate consumers with incredible gameplay experiences.
This role will include working closely with internal collaborators, external content partners (studios and publishers) and development partners to define and implement the strategic roadmap and build exemplary product experiences end to end.
- Work closely with key internal global business partners to capture requirements for experience management authoring applications
- Support User Experience in the design of new functionality
- Manage a backlog of epics and features and drive scope/prioritization discussions
- Contribute to the Discovery strategy for our consumer experiences
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics and that success is measured on a regular basis
- Partner with Program Management as they supervise delivery, lead timelines, and resolve blockers/risks
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Engineering leads to prepare stories for delivery and provide insight into business rationale - including presenting at large planning events & to senior management
- Continually learn and improve expertise with respect to competition and technology around Digital Retail/conversion optimization
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years experience as a Product Manager or similar role with Digital Retail focus
- Self-motivated and outcome-driven
- Innovativeness while collaborating on new products, solutions, and features
- Ability to travel domestic and international when safely able to do so
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with partners, vendors and project team members to further the business goals of our products and services
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, vendors, partners, etc.)
- Worked in an agile/scrum development environment
- Familiarity with testing/experimentation and other various methodologies
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.