As the Director of Engineering for Content Management, you will lead our engineering organization and platform in the Digital Asset Management space. You will enable and inspire a diverse and talented team tackling projects that bring content experiences to the forefront of collaborative work management. With industry leading products in Smartsheet and Brandfolder, the opportunity ahead is in expanding the assets under management beyond the petabytes that exist today, and design for the next tier of scale.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Director, Engineering, or you may work in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement; have built learning organizations that keep up with the state of the art and are an example and mentor to your team.
- Deliver products that delight customers while managing the health of the code base through continuous refactoring and management of technical debt.
- Be an expert at agile continuous delivery, DevOps and TDD and will advocate for the culture, processes, and tools required to maintain a frictionless high-quality development environment.
- Dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team.
- Provide coaching and leadership in software best practices, automated test strategies, and work toward flattening the cost of change curve for our software products and services.
- Demonstrated track record of building high performant and secure applications and build security principals into the DNA of products.
- You communicate proactively to different kinds of audiences, including executives, customers and non-technical team members.
- You are a talent magnet; you have experience finding and developing great talent.
- Positively influence the technical culture and morale across various groups
- 11+ years of combined system architecture experience across multiple OSes, languages and frameworks.
- 4+ years microservice or SOA based web application development
- 3+ years managing software organizations > 20 people or equivalent experience.
- Experience growing managers and leaders to help scale the organizations impact
- Experience with cloud technologies and cloud native tooling
- Experience with NoSQL DBs, Relational DBs, Object Store architectures across globally replicated cloud instances
- Experience building autoscaling distributed systems
- Your skills are language, framework and toolset agnostic, having worked in at least 3 languages or paradigms, or equivalent experience.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and problem solving.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $248,400 to $334,800 | All other US States: $230,000 to $310,000.
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.