Role: eCom Translator
Working in partnership with our client, the e-Com translator will be translating/trans-creating marketing material from an English copy into local language for e-commerce.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You have passion for language and translation and you love working in a multi-cultural global environment
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will work at client’s Denmark office , alongside the Danish Marketing Communications team. The position will be sitting in the client's office in Cophenhagen
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- On a daily basis, you will be translating/trans-creating marketing material from an English copy into local language for e-commerce.
- Researching and translating compelling copy for assigned projects that is on strategy, original, compelling, distinctive, and appealing for the target audience.
- The scope of work is all e-commerce content– mainly product descriptions. Our trans-creators are working with a CAT tool and have to maintain and update their translation memory, build glossaries, proofread and edit copy.
- You will be mentored and supported by a global OLIVER Localisation Project Managers Team, based in Amsterdam, whooversees and manages remotely all the e-commerce translators around the world.
- Our projects are deadline critical; it is important to stay calm under pressure and often work to tight deadlines.
- Daily average translation volume is 2,000 words per day or 8,000 words per day for proofreading; we expect you to commit to this required volume of work.
Communication and Teamwork
- Ensuring the client has the expected level of service at all times, on a day to day Flag to the LPM team as soon as any issues or concerns arise.
- Ensuring communication is frequent, responsive and transparent in terms of expectations.
- Be professional and diplomatic no matter the level of stress – be constructive and problem-solving oriented.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Extensive experience, as a translator, content writer or editor (essential)
- Advanced experience with CAT Tools (desirable)
- Very good command of English and is a Danish native speaker (essential)
- Good communication skills and is a good team player (essential)
- Familiar with marketing and SEO context (desirable)
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.