Do you know the Storage market like the back of your hand? Are you passionate about technology and keen to develop and implement your own vision? Do you have a solid academic background and a sharp business sense with a good feel for marketing? Are you keen to join a fast moving and highly innovative player within the hybrid cloud and hosting industry?
The Product Manager Storage reports directly to the CTO and works closely with the cloud development teams.
Our international team at LeaseWeb Technologies is in charge of our scalability and automation platform. The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working in a scrum framework gives our teams a lot of freedom. It allows us to get our hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why we have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry.
What is the role about?
The Product Manager Storage will be in charge of developing the commercial vision for LeaseWeb’s Storage products (BaaS, DRaaS, SAN/NAS and Object Storage) used throughout our portfolio worldwide and pursuing its successful implementation and lifecycle. In addition, the Product Manager storage will work on innovating the portfolio by adding additional services and solutions for our customers.
He/she is driven by customer needs, market developments and competitive dynamics and creates value propositions that help our customers. As the storage product portfolio is used by external as well as internal customers, the Product Manager storage will work with the other product teams and product managers to create a consistent platform.
In close collaboration with the scrum team, he will make sure we invest in the right roadmap and our services are successful throughout their lifecycle.
- Own the product category strategy and development execution
- Responsible for launching the right products and solutions that will have an impact on the market by helping our customers grow
- Know and meet (potential) customers to understand their needs
- Translate technology into relevant value propositions for customers and partners
- Align with the other product managers to ensure we offer a clear and competitive portfolio of services
- Make sure that the right infrastructure (make, buy or partner) for the delivery of the product is in place and optimized during its lifecycle
- Keep optimizing the overall value stream of the product by defining the commercial terms (pricing strategy and channel commercials), facilitating deals and enable the sales channels
- Lead the go-to-market for the various functional organizations (e.g. channels, sales, legal, marketing, customer care), needed to deliver the proposition successfully
- Deliver the sales tooling and training to enable sales (direct and indirect) to be successful
- Act as thought leader to customers through online and live engagement, and to industry analysts and press to position LeaseWeb globally
- Executing the budget by achieving the sales revenue plan and delivering the investment plan
Who are you?
You are a commercial rock star, and the natural drive behind the success of your product category. You are fueled by customer insights and market opportunities. You champion the complete lifecycle of the products, engaging with a cross-functional team to develop the value proposition, pricing, ordering and service processes, go-to-market, sales and channel tooling to make these offers successful in market.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Business University degree (preferably an MBA)
- 7 or more years of international experience in the enterprise ICT market as a Product (Marketing) Manager or equivalent
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exposure to storage solutions and/or products, and an understanding of how storage can drive infrastructure solutions
- Relevant background in the Storage or Internet Service Provider market
- Outstanding communicator
- Excellent English language skills (Dutch is a plus)
- An excellent understanding of product marketing and developing products, balanced with the capability to work well with technical staff
- Analytical mindset: able to assess competitive dynamics in the cloud technology market
- Reliable to thrive in a very dynamic, loosely structured, entrepreneurial environment
- Trusted collaborator with an open and engaging collaboration style
BE THE FUTURE
Work for LeaseWeb and help make the internet’s heart beat. The LeaseWeb Network is one of the largest networks in the world, moving data around at colossal speeds. It connects the state-of-the-art data centers in Europe, North America and Asia which are operated by various international LeaseWeb companies. Innovation is in our DNA. Our ground-breaking new products help all kinds of businesses to get the most from the internet. And their success is our success which drives growth.
Come and be part of it. The future’s in your hands.
What we offer
The chance to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
A work hard, play hard mentality – great projects, great colleagues, great gaming room, great Friday drinks. Epic parties.
… And of course a competitive salary and very good secondary benefits like a defined contribution pension plan, a collective health care plan, annual bonus scheme and 25 days of annual paid leave.
Want to learn more or apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 654 23 52 61. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.