Senior Systems Engineer - CDN
Leaseweb is currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer to join our CDN team in Amsterdam. The team is distributed around the world, so most colleagues will be working remotely.
The Leaseweb CDN team delivers a self-service multi-CDN service, used to speed up delivery of both static content and streaming content.
The Product Engineering Department
The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Shared Hosting, Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework will give you a lot of freedom. It will allow you to get your hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, yet highly motivating, place to work. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship and that’s why you will have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As Systems Engineer in the CDN team, you are responsible for creating and maintaining our multi-CDN setup. The CDN team builds a product used by our customers as a self-service portal. In this portal, customers can configure a CDN distribution. This distribution is then configured on multiple third-party CDN providers. We use a smart DNS setup to load balance over these various third-party providers. The goal is to always have website load from the nearest CDN node from all these third-party providers.
Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to complex tasks. To bring our services to the next level, more automation is needed, therefore we are looking for someone with this kind of experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, Maintain and support the Leaseweb infrastructure
- 3rd line incident support
- Ensure the availability of CDN services
- Regular on-call duty
- Working closely with other departments at Leaseweb
- Work in alignment with the existing processes for Release-, Incident- and Problem Management
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- CI/CD engineering
- Ansible automation
- Experience with monitoring platforms
- We use Prometheus
- Python/Golang knowledge would be advantageous
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Team player
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Merve Bulazar, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.