Datacenter Operations Specialist
The Leaseweb team is growing quickly and is looking for talented colleagues to join us in Tokyo, Japan.
Everybody at Leaseweb is responsible for high customer satisfaction. We give our customers a royal treatment. Our Datacenter Operations team is involved in the daily management of our current six Datacenter facilities in the region (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia) and we are about to open one more in each location in Japan, Singapore and Australia later this year. This includes the deployment and support of hardware and hosting services for our end users.
You are responsible for the configuration and installation of the servers during the provisioning process in our Datacenter in Tokyo, and other Datacenters in the region as needed. You can manage complex installations and customer projects. You also assist customers with the installation of servers and other equipment in more complex designs. The work environment is dynamic and has an international character.
As a Datacenter Operations Specialist, you will work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday, between 7am to 6 p.m. And be on call when needed. You will receive a flat EOD (Engineer on Duty) allowance once a month.
You will report to the Managing Director of Leaseweb Japan.
- Installation, relocation, and removal of server equipment at the Datacenter
- Taking ownership and giving lead to customer projects, relocation projects and complex installations.
- On the Job training of Datacenter Operations Engineers
- The assistance of customers within Datacenters (for customers with their own racks/servers)
- Is capable of analysing data and advising the local team manager on improvements to be made to the department local processes
- Upgrade/downgrade of server equipment (memory/hard disks/etc.)
- Replacement of hardware and handling of all relevant administrative matters.
- Testing servers and server equipment in accordance with standards
- Work with remote hands partners to support installation and/or adjustment of servers.
- At least multiple years of hands-on experience working in a Datacenter with servers
- Strong Knowledge of various operating systems, especially Linux
- Strong Knowledge of Hardware (Servers, Switches, KVM, Hard Drives, Memory etc.)
- Network knowledge (adjusting DNS/IP/Netmask/gateway/etc.)
- Certificate or degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferably with an emphasis in Technology
- Professional and effective communication in English and Japanese
- It would be a plus if you have (basic) knowledge of SAP
- Must have the right to work in Japan
Who are you?
We’re looking for a team player with hands-on experience, working in a Datacenter environment. You should be a highly dependable and responsible individual.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 25 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + annual bonus scheme
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Weekly team lunch
- Statutory Leave Rules
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast-growing organization